Episode #17: The Power of Story
This is an out-of-the-box show. A Story…about the importance of Story! And about the teenagers who spoke up at the March for our Lives earlier this month.
Stories have the power to help us reflect on our past, to connect with others, to express and share and create resonate emotions. Stories empower, engage and heal and help us to imagine and fight for our future. Stories can help us on the path to shifting our identities. And stories can move us to action.
Finding our truth and taking a risk and showing up and getting on a platform–because as these kids have illustrated, is not only important and powerful– is necessary! Your story, no matter what it is matters.
- Elena Grinenko's home on the Web
- March for our Lives, Washington DC and across the county
- Emma Gonzalez's speech
- Edna Chavez's speech
- Community Coalition (Lisa mistakenly referenced the Southern California Youth Empowerment Association)
- David Hogg
- Lauren Hogg
- The Story on MSNBC
- Psychotherapist Networking Symposium
- Tony Robbins, Ester Perel, the Gottmans, Harriet Lerner, Jack Kornfield
- Irvin Yolam
- Noa Baum Storytelling workshop.
- Michael Tallon's piece, “These Magic Kids”
- Super Power U Podcast Episode #15, the Power of PAUSE.
- Next week's guest, KC Baker.