Ankit Shah’s Super Power is initiating vulnerability and creating a space for everyone to have space. His organization Tea With Strangers and his work with Airbnb have been deep learning in creating community for the purposes of connection and doing good. He is unusual in his ability to engage and connect people in a heartfelt way and to come from a deep place of authenticity and today Lisa digs in to reveal the skills and frameworks which will help you deepen your ability to connect with loved ones and strangers alike. Let’s call Ankit’s Super Power Connection through Authentic Presence.
What You’ll Learn:
- What Tea With Strangers is all about!
- The Power of a “no strings attached conversation”
- How to facilitate a group conversation.
- Foundational approaches to creating an environment ripe for authentic presence
- The power of being vulnerable or unorthodox
- The characteristics of a good question?
- How to be a shepherd to an intimate conversation
- Recognizing what makes people special
- How Random Acts of Kindness can change the world.
“If you don’t recognize how interesting your own stories are, you’re missing out on a whole category of connection points that you might have to actually jump off of to build a relationship with someone else.”
“If you could do one act of kindness for someone every week, the way that ripples out to the person that receives it, the people that observe it, the shift in energy that occurs in yourself and in that person and the way you tackle the rest of the day ahead of you…There is a profound impact to just doing something nice.”
“You are never too small to do something for someone else and you might not be able to change the world, but if you can change a moment” -Ankit Shah