Today is a deep dive into the process of Mirroring, one of the most profound skills to use in relationship to facilitate connection and rapport. It’s an extremely effective tool to use when there is tension or when you don’t feel understood in your relationship.
The process as outlined by Harville Hendrix is a 3-step dialogue exercise you can do with your partner or with a close family member or any loved one to communicate about an issue or a disagreement that might be in the way of intimacy, fulfillment, and connection in your relationship. This episode focuses primarily on mirroring, which is the first step because it’s the starting point and the central piece; the part that supports listening to your partner without distorting his or her thoughts or feelings. Lisa is joined by drop-in guest, Victoria Lorient-Faibish (Relationship Expert, Keynote Speaker, Author, Holistic Psychotherapist, Wellness Coach and one of the Creative Core Founders of the incomparable Positive People Army).
What You’ll Learn:
- The Powerful skill of Mirroring
What Mirror Neurons are and what they do
The 3-Step Process that is part of the Imago Process
How to use Mirroring to build rapport, understanding, and connection
- Elisa Cicanelli Photography
- Allen Saakyan. My guest appearance on The Simulation Series.
- Episode #19 with Sil Reynolds
- Harville Hendrix, The Imago Process and Getting the Love You Want (book, affiliate link)
- Victoria Lorient-Faibish and VisualizationWorks.com
- A Mirroring Step-by-step Process Map you can print:
- Episode #2 with Susan Washington
- Info about Mirror Neurons
- There’s a SPEAKPIPE coming but for now I’m collecting input for a future ongoing show segment called Listener Super Powers. Here’s what I’d love to get from you by email, DM or voice recording.
See the FULL TRANSCRIPTION of this show!